2017/08/09

My latest finds

Untitled
Hi! Finally some time for blogging! Want to show you my latest finds, most of them found on the streets in Berlin, a couple of things found at a second hand shop in Sweden and one thing my sister gave me. The past years I haven't bought many new things for myself, most of the stuff I found on the streets or in my staircase. Lots of great clothes, too.

Untitled
Look at these plates from the 1940's, they + the cheese slicer are from the second hand shop in Sweden (€1 each). The cigarette box and the green marble platter were found on a street in Kreuzberg last week. The Sami money pouch was given to me by my sister.

Untitled
Also from the street in Kreuzberg.

Untitled
Nice coasters (I never use coasters so they might become a present for someone) and a beautiful old stone thing that I don't know the name of, you know to have on the desk with ink and pens etc. Also found in Kreuzberg.

Untitled

Untitled
This white beauty I found today in Friedrichshain, there were a lot of them, in different colours, and I decided not to take them all - I like it when other people pass by and become as happy as me to find something.

Do you have a favourite?
I really like the green marble platter. And everything else ;)

6 comments:

  1. Enjoy your treasures! Choosing one favourite is difficult: I like most of them a lot,
    yet the atlas is probably my favourite as with almost all books.
    The feeling is so different from buying something, don't you think?
    I like finding beauty by walking around and coming across little things like these,
    as they hold stories and have previous lives ...
    Much more layering and texture, much more interest ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, i agree so much. i'm not much into consumption, so finding things is more my thing :)
      so much stuff to find in a big city like this.

      Delete
  2. I believe those are IKEA coasters - I'm pretty sure I have a set somewhere. The platter is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are! still looking chic with the other things. i guess i will give them to someone who wants them, as i'm never using coasters :)

      Delete
    2. I have those coasters too! Most of mine are under plant pots. I have some really nice engraved wood ones and I'm really coveting some marble ones. But I'm also trying to avoid buying new things - there are so many things already int he world that people don't want that have so much life left in them!

      Delete
  3. Great findings! The cheese slicer is very cute, looks like a man with a beard :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, welcome!
If you have a question, please have a look at my FAQ-page.